Junior Club Membership
The Pacific Golf Club has a Junior Program that has been recognised as a leader within the golfing fraternity. The club’s Junior Committee leads the program and through the help of our Golf Professionals, run regular weekend clinics and competitions. The Par 3 Course which consists of 9 x Par 3 holes is the perfect training ground for young golfers and beginners of all ages. Holiday clinics and daily tuition is available for Juniors as they progress through the skill levels to gain access to the main 18 hole course.
There are two types of Junior Membership:
1. Pee Wee Junior Membership – 11 years and under
2. Junior Membership – 12 to 17 years
The Junior Membership allows you to utilise the 18 Hole Championship Course, Par 3 nine Hole Course and all practice facilities. Once a Junior attains the age of 18, he/she progresses to the intermediate category of membership and is able to fully integrate with the adult members on the main course. Development squads are formulated each year and Juniors have the opportunity to be included in one of them to help improve their golfing skills and etiquette.
The Pee Wee Membership allows you to utilise the Par 3 nine Hole Course and all practice facilities. Once a Pee Wee member attains the age of 12, he/she progresses to the Junior category of membership. Pee Wee members must have management’s permission to play on the main course. If you do not have a current handicap you must play the Par 3 course until you have reached a certain standard.
Saturday – Main Course: Once you have obtained a handicap you may participate in the Saturday Junior Field competition held on the main course. This timesheet is available one week prior to the competition and you are required to report to the Golf Shop 15 minutes prior to your hit-off time.
Par 3 Nine Hole Course: The Par 3 Course competition hits off from 8.00am every Saturday morning – no need to book – just report to the 1st tee of the Par 3 Course and you will be organised into groups.
Playing Rules for Pee Wee Junior Members
All Pee Wee members are only permitted to play the Par 3 course unless:
- The Pee Wee member is certified by the club professional, golf manager or club captain that he or she has attained a satisfactory standard to play the 18 hole course after attaining certification the Pee Wee member can only play on the 18 hole course on non-competition days
- Pee Wee members may participate in the introduction to 18 hole course competition to attain certification with first 9 holes played on the Par 3 course and last 9 holes on the 18 hole course (commencing from the 10th tee)
- Pee Wee members who can demonstrate they have a playable knowledge of the rules of golf and golf etiquette, may participate in competition play provided:
- No full member is deprived of a position to play
- The Pee Wee Junior must have a Golf Australia handicap
- The Pee Wee Junior must play with a Full member